The UK is a hub for the media industry, successive Governments recognise the legacy of the UK’s creative talent and are committed to building on this legacy by investing in its future through making various tax reliefs available to the sector.
Our specialist team at Alliotts Media has worked in media for 40 years, looking after productions and individuals.
Our services include:
- Assistance with the British Cultural Test
- Assistance with UK film certification
- Calculation of UK film tax relief and film tax credits
- Advising on and assisting with loans against UK film certification, we are on the panel of 3 leading UK banks.
- Co-production audits and advisory services
- Acting in a personal capacity for producers, directors, actors, scriptwriters, casting agents and crew members
- Obtaining HMRC approval for SEIS/EIS
- Assisting with Information Memorandum for investors
- Handling SEIS/EIS share documentations for investors
- Corporate/international tax planning for international/corporate structures
- PAYE and National Insurance compliance and planning
- Statutory accounts
- Distribution and royalty audits
- Production audits
- Specialist VAT advice
Working with producers and film production companies.
UK Film Tax Relief
UK Film Tax Relief (FTR) was introduced as one of the first of a suite of tax incentives for the creative industries.
Its introduction has boosted the number of British qualifying films in the UK and has attracted film makers from overseas to use British talent and resources.
Although not the most complex of tax incentives to claim, it is still important for film makers to plan ahead and speak with a professional advisor as early as possible.
Advance Finance for Films.
If you need your film tax relief to help with cash flow, there are financial institutions and high net worth individuals who will advance funds on the film tax relief that is due. Before releasing finance they require an opinion from an experienced media accountant that the film is eligible and will be in receipt of the tax relief.
We have the expertise to be able to provide such reports to banks and other funders.